Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Day 1958




Sadly in April 1999 my sister and I had to sell our parent's beloved home.
In packing I found a remnant of the first curtains my mom made for her new 1956 kitchen. I tucked it away knowing someday I would surprise my sister with it in some fashion. Well , she’s about to be a grandmother, and this Christmas I’m surprising both my niece and sister with cookbooks with recipes and family stories covered in quilted fabric from our childhood kitchen. (Luckily no one in my family ever goes on my blog and PS I made one for myself and maybe a future granddaughter someday…) Merry Christmas Everyone.

2 comments:

TiramiSue said...

What a beautiful gift idea. I bet there will be tears. Have a lovely Christmas.
Sue

Ann Summerville said...

What a precious idea.
Ann