Saturday, January 14, 2012

Christmas through the year It All Started out so Innocently






Two yards of wine label material, with the intention of making a few, just a few wine tote hostess gifts.




got it home and realized alas, how can I make the 4.5” wide parallel cuts and not fussy cut to get the entire label centered…Dang now I have a ton of wasted strips?




I’ll think of something…..Okay why not” Dish to Pass Carrier” Totes?…YEA, that’s the ticket…




So using EQ7 I designed a 10” finished square, and built the tote around it….Easier said than done I might add.



For the base, and to keep the bag open I inserted a sheet of plastic needle point canvas between the lining and outer bag,. (After first ironing the edges so I would know how to position it).





Stitched the outer edge creating a crisp outer edge and to keep the plastic sheet trapped inside.



Asked the guy at Loews to cut 10 12” pieces from doweling for five bags, and created a pocket to keep them in.





Used tabs of Velcro on either sideto be able to remove the wooden handles for washing.



Those two innocent yards became more like a month of planning and sewing…ending up as 7 wine totes and 5 carriers…Oy Vay.. But I do think they are going to make 5 great gifts...on to the next project.





Hey Anne do you recognize your pumpkin making material???









No comments: