Wednesday, June 23, 2010

You Know When Your Husband Looks Up From His Crossword Puzzle and Says....




"So how many of those are you going to make?" That you are smack dab in the middle of your next obsession.

But Seriously Sports Fans, this one even has a Tactile Snapping Satisfaction!

Who knew last week of school when Monica came down to show me the purse her friend made, and asked me to guess the closing mechanism that I would have the topic sentence for my August composition, "How I Spent My summer Vacation"

As I've indicated on a previous post: measure the circumference of the opening, cut metal measuring tape to that length, duck tape the ends... make a casing slipping the tape in so that when folded the convex sides touch.....finish by sewing shut the casing.

Try it and see if you don't have a new hobby like making purses that snap shut. FYI Home depot has some really cheap 25' tapes for $2-something, otherwise the Stanley ones are $6 for 16'.

One caution, the cheap ones don't stay open, so unless you're prepared to destroy the darn thing with a hammer once it snaps back into it's case, weight it down to keep it open long enough to tape the "cut off pull thingey" to the newly cut end. I hope that makes sense.

PS..... I still sew Velcro an inch below the casing...... Otherwise I know I'll lose my cell for sure.

No comments: