Friday, December 25, 2015

A Puppet Play House over a card table Christmas 3 of 5

Modifying an Idea I saw on line I purchased denim and loads of Wonder Under.  Normally I do fabric turn applique, but this was just too big a project for that method.....Oh and did I mention I made two houses and two sets of puppets. One to give to my niece's two little ones, and one set to keep in case my tumor comes back  in the event my son has little ones some day.  OMG the first pattern I purchased was a nightmare Butterick 4209, frustrated with the construction I removed the head of a puppet I had originally sent for from China after deciding it wasn't suitable for children  under three, and redesigned the pattern. After making all 7 animals with my new method, two times I might add I purchased Simplicity 1729 which was much better giving the fingers easy asses to the head.

The house has two sides with the bigger window, and the back just  plain denim .  The curtains lift up from inside.


No comments: