Saturday, May 1, 2010

It Works!!!



I‘ve been apprehensive about sending freezer paper through my printer, but with the daunting task of piecing an entire Dear Jane, I thought what the heck. What’s the worst thing that could happen? A major paper jam…
I even planned on purchasing precut sheets. (30 sheets for $8.95). When I brought them up to the counter to pay, I asked the woman cutting my fabric if she had used them. With a big sigh, and slight hesitation she said, “No, but she’d been told they would work if you ironed a regular piece of 8.5 X 11’ paper ever so slightly around the edges onto the freezer paper. This gave each sheet the proper weight without the slippery feel."
I decided to cut my own sheet from the roll I had at home and give it a try. I returned the paper package to its hook and was on my merry way.
It worked like a charm, NO MORE TRACING!!! (Well at least for the DJ blocks because I use EQ’s DJ software)
One Roll of Reynolds Freezer paper (75 sq.’) is $2.69. It will give you 106 sheets per roll, which if you cut the entire roll saves you $28.62. 2 cents per sheet vs. 29 cents per sheet if you bought the fabric store package.
This only works on an inkjet printer, hope it helps someone and Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your tip. I was going to purchase those expensive sheets to put through the printer, but
I'd rather save my money for fabric!